European Bioinformatics Institute (EBI) is having an open day on Monday 3rd November 2008. According to their website the EBI is “happy to welcome all Master students to this day”. Some talks at this open day include:Any budding biomedical scientists out there, interested in doing a PhD, take note: The European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL) –
- Welcome and Introduction Cath Brooksbank
- PhD opportunities at the EBI Nick Goldman
- PhD experience at the EBI – computers, cells and cookies Heidi Dvinge
- 1000 genomes project Paul Flicek
- The truth about Systems Biology: Nicolas le Novère
- Small molecules: Christoph Steinbeck, see SteinBlog
- Extreme Informatics Matt Wood see homepage and Green is Good blog
The EMBL-EBI lies in the 55 acres of landscaped parkland in rural Cambridgeshire that make up the Wellcome Trust Genome Campus. The Campus also houses the Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, making it one of the world’s largest concentrations of expertise in genomics and bioinformatics. See also PhD Studies in Bioinformatics at the EBI. If you are interested in attending, sign up at the registration page before the 20th October.
See also PhD Opportunities at the Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Cambridge.